Tuesday 9 October 2012

Birthday Snack: La Belle Patate (super belated post)

I didn't have time to blog about La Belle Patate before I left for Hong Kong. So here it is now!
My birthday was actually back in August, so this post is really belated.

La Belle Patate was somewhere Ronald suggested we should try...probably way back when summer started. We never had the chance to go due to school and work. So he suggested we should go for my birthday!
Outside of La Belle Patate
Tuesday Special
Not sure if the banner is always there...but yes, we went on a Tuesday!
Menu
There were a lot of choices on the menu. We couldn't really decide on one, so we settled for the Tuesday special! There was all you can eat for $19.50. But really, all you can eat poutine?! That sounds really awesome but kind of nasty at the same time.
Coca Cola in glass bottles
I was quite excited to see Coca Cola in glass bottles! Is it me or we don't have them around in Vancouver?
Tuesday Special - 2 small traditional poutines $8.49
CHEESE CURDS!
The size of the poutine looks quite small, but it was SO filling. I was glad the cheese curds didn't all melt, otherwise I can't test whether they are squeaky or not! So with the whole "squeaky" cheese curd business, when you bite into the cheese curds and if they "squeak", this means they are fresh curds. I thought it was the best poutine I ever had; though at the end, the fries were drenched in gravy which was too salty to consume.

Try it out if you are a poutine lover! There is a bus stop right in front of the restaurant, so it is quite convenient to get there. If you are looking for parking, there is an underground pay parking lot nearby.

Thank you for bringing me there :)

1215 Davie Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 1N4


No comments:

Post a Comment