Saturday 27 October 2012

Foodie Trip #3: Ebi Ten

Chicken craving = SATISFIED!

After reading The Food Queen's blog post about That Barista Thing, I was really excited about it! Knowing Ronald has an interest in latte art, I asked if he wanted to go. Since the event was taking in Vancouver Public Library, I suggested to give Ebi Ten a visit as it has been a while since we went.

Ebi Ten is a Japanese fast food restaurant. The way the restaurant works reminds me of a cafeteria. So first you would pay for your meal. Then you get your receipt with a number on it. When your order is ready, they will call your number!
Menu
Layout of store
I finally remembered to take a picture of the store! As you can tell, there are not much seats available. If you are going with a friend, I suggest you to take turns to purchase your meals.
Sushi and snacks fridge
A) Ebi Ten Bowl ($8.25)
This Ebi Ten bowl was definitely catered to my preference *drools*. I was having a chicken craving (as always), but I also really like tempura shrimps! The amount of batter for the tempura was perfect; they were definitely not drenched in batter before frying. I quite enjoyed the teriyaki sauce. It was not too sweet like some teriyaki sauce I have tried; it was just enough to bring out a savoury taste.
Salmon Sushi Rolls
Ronald's salmon sushi rolls! They were probably made in the morning. So, it didn't taste really fresh.

8) Buta-Mayo
Gingered stir-fried pork on rice with cabbage and mayo
Ronald's again! At first, I thought it was just pork with cabbage because I didn't see the rice. Ronald thought it was just "okay". He said he expected "chunks of meat instead of slices". So this didn't really fill him up.

I wouldn't recommend getting their sushi. But, try the Ebi Ten Bowl!! It was delicious :) 
Ebi Ten is great if you are in a hurry but still want to grab a decent lunch!

Ebi Ten
388 Robson Street 
Vancouver, BC V6B 2B2

No comments:

Post a Comment